Someone asked me, Pastor Tim, Discouragement and setbacks happen to everyone in life. What most helps you to stay focused and move forward with purpose in life? My response was this: The strengthening of the Lord through faith in His promises, and the sincere encouragement of others. These are the two most powerful boosts that fuel my tank and help me press on!
The blessing of the promises of God are His reward for your faith and trust in Him! As Psalm 119:65 (NLT) says, “You have done many good things for me, LORD, just as you promised.” Remember that God says that His Word is quick and powerful! Hebrews 4:12 (RSV) says, “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
Someone approached me very discouraged the other day. What they were discouraged over was something I had just been meditating on in the word. I opened my Bible and had her read a couple of scriptures. I had her say them out loud. Before my eyes, I watched her countenance change and a smile come to her face! God’s words are not just words! They are quick and powerful to the person who believes. And they strengthen us when we set our heart and mind on them!
Hebrews 3:13 NIV says, “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”
I’m sure my mother had everything to do with that. She was probably the world’s greatest encourager. She was always telling me, You can do it. You’ll see. You’ll be good at it! She was the ultimate encourager. She would watch for sincere opportunities to encourage or praise me, and she would consistently do so. I don’t know if everyone is this way but encouragement just absolutely fuels my fire.
If you want to learn a people skill, then know this! Every person needs affirmation, validation and encouragement—whether they admit it or not. Consequently God’s Word instructs us to develop this quality and sow it into others. 1 Thessalonians 4:18 (NIV) says, “Therefore encourage each other with these words.” And 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT) says, “So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.”
Since I’m talking about this, Let me take this moment to thank the multitude of you that have written to encourage me in the writing of Fresh Manna. I have received countless kind comments which refuel me over and over.
When I started writing sixteen years ago, it was more for me as a journaling exercise to help me pay better attention to the things God was speaking to my heart. Never did I think that Fresh Manna would be read in over 196 countries or become one of the top 55 blogging Pastors in the country. I only started blogging because someone asked me to.
Fresh Manna Comments,
- Pastor Tim, You don’t know who I am but I thought you needed to know that what you are doing is AWESOME! I am a busy teacher and I appreciate your efforts to further my growth in the Lord through Fresh Manna. Thanks for your commitment and consistency.
- Hey, Pastor Tim, I really look forward to your Fresh Manna. So do several people I forward it to. We often chat about it. You have no idea the number of people you touch and the ways in which you touch them. The other interesting thing is, when we seem to be dealing with something, you end up writing about it. God is funny like that!
- Pastor Tim, Wow…excellent fresh manna….just wanted to let you know that I very much appreciate the fresh manna that you provide. It is amazing how when you are going through difficulties, God speaks to your situation…
- Pastor Tim, every time I read your Fresh Manna I receive direction from the Holy Spirit. I feel at times that the Holy Spirit has been working on me in a part of my life but my heart was not as open as it should be. Your Fresh Manna helps to open my heart.
- Pastor Burt, I am once again amazed at your gift of speaking to my heart.
- Pastor Tim, “Thanks for being so real with all of us Manna readers, it takes guts to tell to be as transparent as you are.”
- Pastor Tim, as always you are so on with your manna & your timing is outstanding.
- Pastor Tim, I just wanted to thank you for Fresh Manna; I look forward to reading it every morning when I arrive at work. I also thank you for your dedication in writing and sending this multiple times each week! Your messages and insight give me encouragement as well as educate me.
- Pastor Tim, Thank you so much for all your wisdom. I feel very fortunate to be able to read your devotions each day, and I look forward to having them lift my spirit. They help me learn the bible verses better. I have done limited bible study in my life, so far. I am happy to be a part of your list. Thank you so much.
- Pastor Tim, Speaking of giving honor to whom honor is due, thank you for your faithfulness in sharing your daily manna and everything else you do.
- Pastor Tim, Your ministry through Fresh Manna is one of the blessings that has touched my life. Thank you for your tireless effort. You remind of Dr. Tsion Ben-Judah in the “Left Behind” series. I look forward to your daily messages.
- Pastor Burt, I just wanted you to know how extremely timely your word from the Lord is. You are right on.
- Pastor Tim…… thank you for sharing such honest and compassionate feelings about your marriage to your lovely lady ….it takes a lot of love and guts to do that and I have the greatest love and respect for you in doing that … I know the LORD is there in your life.. Praise God for People like you.
- Pastor Tim, I am really blessed by reading Fresh Manna. It is amazing how I would be pondering stuff the night before, and Fresh Manna will give me the answer the following day.
- Pastor Tim, Thank you so much! You helped answer many of the things that I have struggled with about faith.
Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement and thanks for reading!
In His Love,
Pastor Tim Burt
If what you’ve read today has helped you, would you like to see it help others and reach more? Click here and Learn More…
If Fresh Manna is a blessing to you,let me know how. I’d love to hear from you! Write me at FreshMannaFeedback@comcast.net
Published by Pastor Tim Burt
Copyright© 2016 All rights reserved